You’re allowed to stop juggling life. To say the word “PAUSE” out loud and not just in your head. The whisper of, “I want to put myself first” can be your reality. To say you want to put yourself first feels impossible and selfish. You are a juggler in the circus of your life constantly working to keep everything up in the air. You never let anyone see how it all feels impossible to keep it all going, waiting for a day it comes crashing down.
I am here to help you change that. Do any of these statements sound like you?
- I am trying to get it all done “perfectly”, my career, parenting, relationships but I’m not coming close to that in any of them!
- The holidays, beginning of school, even frickin summer break overwhelms me…..Pinterest, homemade costumes, the baked goods that looks like something from a show on the cooking channel, not even close to what I feel is a reality……. if the kids get sick it feels like a disaster. There are work meetings and a minimum of 10,000 other things to do.
- In my “past life” I was organized and on top of things, strongly at times resembling the personality of Monica on “Friends.” Today, I see myself as a hot mess!
- The phrases “I should have” or “I’m drowning” are reoccurring phrases playing like a broken record in my head.
- I ignore my inner voice because if I stop I may fall short or mess up on one of the many, many life roles that depend on me.
I want to invite you on different way to live and listen to your voice.
Learn to stop juggling.
For years you’ve probably been telling yourself you’ll finally figure it all out one day. You push yourself harder to get it all done and perfectly. Inside anxiety and an ongoing critical voice keep showing up. Asking for help means you’ve failed. Everyone will know. You silence it all.
Inside another voice is whispering, desperate to be heard. Listened to. A voice that says you can have it all and life CAN be easier. A voice pulling at you to please remember those times you were nicer to yourself, even recognized yourself in the mirror.
You deserve to breathe and enjoy life. Together we’ll find and hold on to that voice.
Hi! My name is Helene Shute. I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who helps people find their voice in life and feel empowered to commit to never silence it.
I work with women and couples struggle to see they are unable to live the lives they desire. They feel like they are drowning and overwhelmed by all their life roles. Instead of feeling connected in their relationship they feel like an island surrounded by water with not a person in sight. We work together to find what has worked and identify the barriers that keep you from moving further. Doing this work moves us closer to you feeling a life of happiness and peace.
Change has already begun. You’ve noticed life isn’t working how you need it to. Further change happens when you give yourself true permission to look at your life, breathe in what growth needs to occur and exhale feelings of self-doubt, resentment and fear.
Through talk therapy and practices of mindfulness we’ll move you from a life of feeling overwhelmed and drowning to one of balance and feeling capable and fulfilled.
Growth doesn’t have to happen alone. You already have the ideas inside of you even though you are not sure how to get there and commit to keeping it.
Together we’ll get you off the constant “PUSH” button of life and introduce the worlds of pause and play.